Former Hornby School
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Originally Hornby School, now converted to Arc Industries
- Hornby School was a "union" school with students from both Peel and Trafalgar Townships as it sat on the town line between the two. The school sections were the Union School Section No. 2 Chinguacousy and School Section No. AE Esquising. In 1842, Esquising divided itself into 15 school districts which displeased the residents of Hornby. The solution was to form a joint Esquesing-Trafalgar school section in 1848 and a lettering code was chosen to avoid renumbering all the sections. Hornby was assigned the code "AE" and Whaley's Corners, also a three township school, was "BC".
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton