Dorothy (Pickett) Hayward In Iron Lung, 1937.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- According to the "Shoebox Memories" feature of the Halton Compass, July 2002, pages 12 & 13, Dorothy was in the iron lung at the Hamilton General Hospital in 1937 for 10 weeks. She was 27 years old at the time.
- Dorothy's parents were Sarah Elizabeth (nee Shephard or possibly Sheppard) Walker and John Pickett. Dorothy was the oldest of their 10 children.
As per the Ancestry.com Halton record for 1908 at http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~maryc/halton08.htm: John PICKETT, 22, farmer, Trafalgar twp., Merton Ont., s/o William A. PICKETT & Hannah J. WILKINSON, married Sarah Elizabeth WALKER, 20, Nelson, Appelby, d/o Isaac WALKER & Agnes HADDON (Haddow?), witn: Maitland ALLIN of Appleby & Mary A. PICKETT of Merton, 8 April 1908 at Appleby. Sarah Elizabeth died in 1935.
William Ambrose Pickett was the youngest son of Anna Catherine (Smith) and Absalom Pickett.
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- Dorothy Agnes (Pickett) Hayward, b. March 4, 1910 d. January 1955. She married Walter Hayward on September 17, 1931.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Dorothy (Pickett) Hayward In Iron Lung, 1937.
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton