The Allan Dixon Family
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Allan Dixon family in 1940 at Limestone Hall, home of Lorne and Laura Dixon, and Guy Dixon, Lot 8, Concession 5, Nelson Township. This is just northeast of Lowville, close to Britannia and Walkers Line.
Left to right; Jean (Alderson) Dixon, William McLean, Priscilla Dixon, John Dixon, Margaret Dixon, Fred Dixon, Laura (Prudham) Dixon, Guy Dixon, Lorne Dixon, Arthur Coulson, Allan Dixon.
Allen, Guy, George, and Lorne Dixon were brothers, sons of William Anson and Priscilla Hume Dixon of Limestone Hall.
The photograph was taken by the boys' sister, Jennie Mae.
Information from Ruth Dixon Taylor.
- The Dixon family lived at Limestone Hall until the mid-1960's. Well-known broadcaster Betty Kennedy and her husband, G. Allan Burton lived there for many years.
A link to the Archeion Archives Association of Ontario is provided in this record under the photograph so you can look at their 3 photographs of Limestone Hall.
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4389937927597 Longitude: -79.8996334814453
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- The Allan Dixon Family
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton