Sarah Lawrence, 1887
- Gardiner, Broadway, Orangeville, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Sarah was the youngest daughter of Orange and Sarah (House) Lawrence, born after their move to Orangeville but born back at the farm in Hammondville (Sheridan), Trafalgar Township. She died at age 43. She never married.
Her siblings were: Mary b.1822, Cyrus b.1824, Esther Ann, b. 1826, Rhoda b. 1829, Ferris b. 1831, Frances b. 1833, Charlotte b. 1835, Orange Jr b. 1842.
- In 1823, Sarah and Orange Lawrence settled on a farm near Hammondsville, later renamed Sheridan, Lot 1, Con. 2, SDS, south of Dundas Street, Trafalgar Township. The farm remained in the possession of the family until 1977.
In 1844, Orange and Sarah moved to found Orangeville. At one time, they owned all the land from Centre Road above Purple Hill to the railway crossing on Garafraxa Road.
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- Sarah Lawrence, b. December 13, 1846 d. September 17, 1890, buried September 19, 1890 in Greenwood Cemetery, Orangville, Ontario.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Sarah Lawrence, 1887
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton