Lawrence Hagar II Homestead
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Beo. Charles. Northwest Corner of highways 5 and 25.
- Early land registry records and Trafalgar census records from 1851, 1871, 1881 use the family surname spelling, "Hagar". However, the 1861 census and the family gravestones in the Palermo cemetery use the spelling "Hager". Discussion with family in 2016 shows that most family members use the spelling "Hager" with the exception of one descendent group who preferred the other. During our discussion, we also found records with the following spellings - likely as interpreted from the new immigrants by Customs officials - Hauger, Hegi, Hauge.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Lawrence Hagar II Homestead
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton