Wedding Dress Of Susannah Hagar, 1880
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Susannah, called Susie, Hagar's wedding dress, modeled by her friend Blanche Newton. Susie married John Henry Salter, 1852-1920.
Photo taken by Mr. John H. Salter, February 1880.
- Early land registry records and Trafalgar census records from 1851, 1871, 1881 use the family surname spelling, "Hagar". However, the 1861 census and the family gravestones in the Palermo cemetery use the spelling "Hager". Discussion with family in 2016 shows that most family members use the spelling "Hager" with the exception of one descendent group who preferred the other. During our discussion, we also found records with the following spellings - likely as interpreted from the new immigrants by Customs officials - Hauger, Hegi, Hauge.
- Date Of Event:
- Personal Name(s):
- Susannah Jane (Hagar) Salter, called Susie, b.April 27, 1858 d.October 26, 1949.
Parents: Charles Hager, 1816-1888. Mary Jane (Howard) Hager, 1833-1888.
Spouse: John Henry Salter, 1852-1920.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wedding Dress Of Susannah Hagar, 1880
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton