Basketball Game at Snider's School
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road.
The 200 acre Lot 6 was first owned by William Tisdale.
The old S.S. #4 Snider's School was closed in 1956. The building was used as a house until 2010 when it was torn down for road widening. At that time, the Town of Oakville gave the old "S.S. #4" sign boards to the Trafalgar Township Historical Society.
November 29, 1956 was the official opening of the new Snider's Public School. This school building is on Burnhamthorpe Road, north side, just east of Trafalgar Road, no longer an Ontario public school though.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Basketball Game at Snider's School
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton