Women's Auxilliary Celebrates 25th Anniversary of Volunteer Firefighters #2 Station, Eighth Line (1939-1964).
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo caption: “Oakville’s volunteer brigade were hosted by the women’s auxiliary at its 25th anniversary. Mrs. Dora Wright (left) holds one end of the cake as fireman Bill Cook, District Chief George Wright, and District Deputy Chief Eldon Perkins prepare to cut it with an axe. Mrs. Jessie Perkins supports the other end. The brigade was formed in 1939.
The women’s auxiliary to the Volunteer Fifrefighters of #2 station Eighth Line, arranged a very happy anniversary for this brigade last Friday evening. Red and white flowers centered the buffet table and each lady guest wore a red and white corsage while the men had a red and white carnation. The guests were largely retired or former firefighters of the number two brigade. Fire Chief Douglas Wilson spoke briefly as did Alex Philips who congratulated them on this occasion. Geofre Fish gave a resumée of the trials and tribulations of the early days and three of the original volunteers, George Wright, present District Chief, Eldon Perkins, deputy district chief, and William Cook jointly cut the cake. Cards were played for the balance of the evening.
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton