S.S.#10 Trafalgar Township, White School, Tenth Line and Britannia Roads, Teachers and Students.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- An undated photograph of the students and teachers at the White School, S.S. #10. Trafalgar Township. The school stood near the intersection of Britannia Road and Tenth Line. The area was incorporated into the City of Mississauga in 1974 and the Heritage Mississauga information is linked here. The Fall 2008 issue of the Old Britannia Schoolhouse newsletter credits Joan Reid for her information about this school, shown at the 150th Anniversary of Streetsville, explaining that this school was a union school, attended by many of the Streetsville area rural children. Heritage Mississauga notes the early name for the area was "The Catholic Swamp", so named because of the concentration of Irish Catholic families who settled there in the 1820s and 1830s.
- There are several photographs of the actual school in the Halton Images database. The "Old" Schoolhouse, http://images.halinet.on.ca/22081/data?n=6 and, S.S. # 10, http://images.halinet.on.ca/28260/data?n=2
This school was also called the Tenth Line school and the Britannia-Miller school.
Width: 1285 px
Height: 872 px
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- S.S.#10 Trafalgar Township, White School, Tenth Line and Britannia Roads
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton