Bronte Public School, 1946, Room 4
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Senior students of Bronte School.
Bronte School 1946, Senior Class, Room 4
Back row, left to right: Bill German, Arlene Brown, Ann Osborne, Connie Lang, Barbara Hughes [Hughs], Teddy Shelting
2nd row from back, left to right: Larry Lowe, Beverly Orr, Mildred Jamieson, Jean Pulman, Etta Relchie, Barbara Black, Audrey Penfield, Zada [Jada] McNaughton, Jean Wilson, Peter Ables
Behind 2nd row: Mr. Hopkins, Teacher
3rd row, left to right: Jacqueline Planker, Delores Walker, Georgina Lee, Jean McNaughton, Diane Scarrow, Nora Vollich, Barbara McDerment, Barbara Darlington
Front row, left to right: George Lee, Jim Scarrow, Bob Tailer [Taylor], Ronnie Overland, Jim Joyce, Walter Allen, Dean Godfey [Godfrey]
Bronte School, S.S. 13, was built of stone in 1872, two stories high. It was on the north side of Chisholm St. (now Marine Drive). It was demolished in 1923 and the school shown here was built. An addition to the south was added in 1949. Centriller School closed in June 1976.
- Date of Publication
- 13 Jun 1946
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- Names of the students appear on the 2nd photograph enclosed in this record.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.40011 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Bronte Public School, 1946, Room 4
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton