Halton Images
Halton Railway stations


Records
We found 22 matching items.
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Grand Trunk Railway station at Aldershot, ca 1930s 
Image  ca 1930s  Also a laser print of an original, 26.7 cm by 19 cm, in the Ross Taylor collection.
Burlington Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railway Burlington Junction station at Freeman, ca 1910 
Image  ca 1910  The station in its original form, viewed from the north side of the railway tracks. Built after a fire destroyed the first Freeman Station in 1904, the Freeman / Burlington Junction Station was operated by CNR (from 1923) and VIA until October 1988, when passenger facilities were removed to the GO...
Burlington Historical Society
Barrels of apples being loaded into a refrigerated boxcar at Freeman Station, ca 1920 
ImageComments:  1920  The barrels are marked "Canadian Apples - Hamilton, Ontario". Note the hinged insulated doors of the refigerator car. The ice hatch at the right end of the car roof has a ventilation hood attached over the propped open ice hatch to force air through the car while moving, to keep the fruit from...
Burlington Historical Society
Baskets and crates of fruit on the platform at the Burlington GTR Station in Freeman, ca 1920 
Image  ca 1920,   A print from a negative in the National Archives of Canada. John Boyd (1865-1941), amateur photographer, railway official. Born Emyvale, Ireland, 1865-12-22. His family emigrated to Toronto in the late 1860s. Flourished Toronto, 1870s-1941. Boyd worked for both the Grand Trunk Railway and...
Burlington Historical Society
Fruit harvest in Glover baskets, loaded on horse-drawn wagons waiting for the fruit train at  the Burlington GTR Station in Freeman, ca 1920 
Image  ca 1920,   A print from a negative in the National Archives of Canada. John Boyd (1865-1941), amateur photographer, railway official. Born Emyvale, Ireland, 1865-12-22. His family emigrated to Toronto in the late 1860s. Flourished Toronto, 1870s-1941. Boyd worked for both the Grand Trunk Railway and...
Burlington Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railway station at Aldershot, ca 1952 
ImageComments:  ca 1952,  
Burlington Historical Society
Canadian National Railway station, Bronte St., Milton 
Image  1973,   Station originally situated on the east side of Bronte, south of the P.L. Robertston office. Now the Tourist Information Building on Martin and Steeles
Milton Historical Society
125th Anniversary of the founding of the town of Milton, Ontario 
Image  1982,   Performance by children on platform in front of the old CNR station which had been moved from Bronte to what is now Hadfield Park, as part of the l25th anniversary celebrations of the founding of the town of Milton in Jine 1982
Milton Historical Society
125th Anniversary of the founding of the Town of Milton, Ontario 
Image  1982,   Performance by children on platform in front of the old CNR station which had been moved from Bronte to what is now Hadfield Park, as part of the 125th anniversary celebrations of the founding of the Town of Milton in January 1982
Milton Historical Society
Milton Information Centre, Unity Park 
Image  1993,   The old C.N.R. Station built about 1900 to serve as a gateway to Western Ontario has been relocated to Unity Park and serves as the headquarters for Milton Chamber of Commerce. Update - Unity Park has been renamed Chris Hadfield Park. The building now serves as headquarters for the United Way of...
Milton Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railway Burlington Junction GTR station at Freeman, 1917 
Image  September 1917,   View of the south and west elevations, auxiliary shed, horse-drawn produce wagons. "Mother's bread" wagon. Crowd waiting for the train. An original photograph; also a laser print.
Burlington Historical Society
Burlington Grand Trunk Railway station at Freeman, ca 1955 
ImageComments:  ca 1955,   The north and west elevations of the station, on the south side of the tracks, looking east. The wooden addition on the near end is the original open-sided passenger shelter area, closed in for use as an express room. The three-part windows were moved from the original west wall to the addition. ...
Burlington Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railway, Freeman, Burlington Station, ca 1910 
Image  ca 1900,   The Burlington sign is flanked by "Hamilton 10 miles" on the right and "Meaford 140 miles" on the left. The Grand Trunk Railway acquired the Hamilton & Northwestern Railway after 1882 and before 1904. The station was located north of the Brant Inn. Detail of postcard.
Burlington Historical Society
GTR Station at Freeman c1880 
Image  1880,   View from the north side of the tracks looking east. Unidentified people posing for the photographer The Edwin Freeman house on Brant Street in the middle distance, right. The first station at this site burnt down in 1883. This second station burnt down in 1904.
Burlington Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railway Burlington Junction station at Freeman, ca 1910 
ImageMysteries:  ca 1910,   The station in its original form, viewed from the north side of the railway tracks. Built after a fire destroyed the first Freeman Station in 1904, the Freeman / Burlington Junction Station was operated by CNR (from 1923) and VIA until October 1988, when passenger facilities were removed to the GO...
Burlington Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railway (downtown) Burlington Station, ca 1910 
Image  ca 1910  View of the south and west elevations, taken from the west side of the railway tracks. Stationmaster William Gilbert standing on the right, and station employee Napoleon "Poly" Ogg with a wheelbarrow. In the background on the left, part of what may be the structure now at 431 & 433 Brock Avenue....
Burlington Historical Society
Steam train at station 
Image    Steam freight train at the Limehouse Station.
Esquesing Historical Society
The Grand Trunk Railway Station 
Image  early 1900's  The Grand Trunk Railway Station near Norval. Description on back of photo reads: The Grand Trunk Station near Norval, Herb Jackson, Stationmaster, probably around the early 1900's. To quote Col. Alex Noble writing of Norval Station 'business seems to have been flourishing in the village up to...
Esquesing Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railroad Station 
Image    Grand Trunk Railroad Station, Acton. Beardmore warehouse (Old Hide House) stands on right. The Acton train station shown was erected in 1908 and the Beardmore Warehouse was erected in 1899. (Ontario Archives Acc 9339 No. 866)
Esquesing Historical Society
Grand Trunk Railway station, Georgetown 
Image  c. 1908  A crowd waits for the train outside the Grand Trunk Railway station in Georgetown.
Esquesing Historical Society
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Comment on this item
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1880s 1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s 1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s 1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s 1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s 1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s 1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s 1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s 1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s 1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s 1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
Features
Groups
Creative Commons Rights
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Halton Railway stations