Palermo United Church's 100th Anniversary in 1967
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The celebration of the 100th anniversary of Palermo United Church took place in September, 1967 at the Palermo Community Hall.
The congregation started in 1812 as a Methodist Church. The building was erected in 1867. In 1925, this church became a part of the United Church of Canada.
The Nelson Women's Tweedsmuir History lists the ministers who served the church from 1867 to 1964 on page 59. A copy of the list is in the print archives of the TTHS along with the John Shearman publication of 1982, "The First Thirty Years 1808-1838" which mentions many of the earliest circuit riders, and a third list of the early ministers from 1812-1992.
A link to the Tweedsmuir History page 59 is linked on the right for your further reference.
- The church is at 2521 Dundas St W, Oakville, ON. A link to the church website is included here.
This is a photocopy of a photograph.
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Palermo United Church's 100th Anniversary in 1967
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton