Percy W. Merry School, Grade 4 Class, 1971-1972
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cheryl Biggart, now Cheryl Steffler, is 4th from the right in the 2nd row from the back - standing on the floor. Behind and to the right of Cheryl are Michael Rank and Andrew Bonnar, in the top row standing on the bleacher. Andrew is the 2nd boy in from the right, Michael is 3rd in from the right.
- Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed and the children bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at 263 Britannia Rd. E., just west of Trafalgar Road, Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. A cairn commemorates the rural school sections that were closed in 1958 and in 2003, Percy W. Merry School itself was added to the cairn.
- Percy W. Merry School ; Grade 4 ; Room 4 ; 1971-72
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Percy W. Merry School, Grade 4 Class, 1971-1972
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton