- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This postcard photograph was taken in the 1950's. It is of the house at 337-339 Trafalgar Road, now used by MacLachlan College, a private school in Oakville, Ontario.
According to the linked Town of Oakville Heritage Report, because the original builder of the house, Richard Shaw Wood, set up a kerosene factory directly across from this property (on the east cliffside of the Sixteen Mile Creek), the house was familiarly sometimes called, "the Kerosene Castle".
- For further information about the house, click on the link to the undated Town of Oakville Heritage Assessment Report for the property. This is underneath the photograph, under "Other Web Sites".
The ownership and history of the house starts on page 48 of the report internet/pdf version, or 119 of the original, paper page.
- Date of Original:
- ca 1950s
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Rosebank, Oakville
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton