480 Dundas Street East, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 480 Dundas Street East is Concession 1 Lot 11 SDS, at Eighth Line and Dundas Street.
The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment transcript by Fred Blair assisted by Jane Watt shows William Rose on this land. Fred also notes that William was one of 47 men who appeared to have served in the 2nd Regiment of York Milita during the War of 1812.
In 1862 according to the Robert Warnock book, A Sketch of the County of Halton Canada West, Lot 11 was owned/occupied by John Williamson and Mark Comes.
H.C. Rogers was one occupier/owner and Mrs. Williamson who is named in photographs of the North Trafalgar Community Club in our digital collection is another.
Our internet collection has other records with photographs of this house.
5 photographs of different aspects of the house as well as the two index card sides are included in this record. Click on "Select Pages" above to view the house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card which shows all the photographs taken. Not all are uploaded but can be requested.
At the time of photographing, the house was estimated by Parks Canada to have been built in 1870. The owner at the time was Mr. R.E. McLean. Parks Canada identified the building type as Gothic Revival.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177001800480. Province is 06, Negative is 0zy20. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the card verso: 06177001800480
- Date Of Event
- December 29, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4929808929477 Longitude: -79.7121625973511
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 480 Dundas Street East, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton