1080 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 1080 Rebecca Street was photographed on December 14, 1971. At the time, the owner was A. MacDonald. The house was estimated to have been built in 1875.
5 of the photographic images have been lightened to show more detail and included in this record. A derelict outbuilding just back of the house was also photographed. It has no visible evidence of a chimney so likely was not a previous house.
By 1988, these buildings were gone as the Bower's Street Address Directory for that year had no listing for this address.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 0617700005601080.. Province is 06, Negative is 002y13. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 0617700005601080.
- Date Of Event
- December 14, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4224376759148 Longitude: -79.6929407328797
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1080 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton