1476 Ninth Line, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 1476 Ninth Line was photographed by Parks Canada on December 29, 1971. No ownership or resident information was noted but they estimated the house had been built in 1870.
1476 Ninth Line was likely on Con 2 SDS Lot 6, on the west side of Ninth Line, just south of the Drive In, north of Upper Middle Road East.
The Town of Oakville photographed the derelict house in the 1980's. The two photographs are linked to this record under the thumbnail image on the right.
6 photographs were taken, you can view them all on the blue card contact sheet and by clicking on "Pages" "Select" to view the 4 enlarged in this record.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177003001476. Province is 06, Negative is 002y18. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 06177003001476.
- Date Of Event
- December 29, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4998758403805 Longitude: -79.6855592936707
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1476 Ninth Line, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton