Clara Ethel Wilkinson & Demarius (Norton) Wilkinson
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Demarius Norton moved from Tapleytown to Palermo at the time of her marriage to Andy Wilkinson. All of her children were born in Palermo, including her daughter shown here, who was called Ethel, not Clara.
Demarius Norton 1854-1942 was one of three children of John Norton and Elizabeth Clark of Tapleytown who married offspring of Francis Wilkinson and Clarissa Simons of Palermo.
It is family lore that Hiram Norton...was a hired hand of Francis Wilkinson and Clarissa Simons and that is how he met their daughter Elizabeth. They married in 1867, How he got to be in Palermo is not known, a distance of 35 kilometres. Interestingly though, Robert W and Louisa N married in 1865....Prudence, the 4th Norton to be connected to Palermo, was married to Alex Forbes about 1864....
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Demarius (Norton) Wilkinson, 1854-1942. Spouse: James Andrew Wilkinson, 1850-1934. Children: Clara Ethel Wilkinson, 1883–1959, called Ethel, and Kenneth Keith Wilkinson, 1886–1904.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Clara Ethel Wilkinson & Demarius (Norton) Wilkinson
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton