WWI Postcard of St. Jude's Anglican Church, Oakville
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Postcard sent to World War I soldier, Arthur Hughes, by the Women's Guild of of St. Jude's Anglican Church, 160 William Street, Oakville. No stamp or postal markings were required for such postcards to soldiers..
- One hundred and ninety-eight members of St. Jude's were in the armed forces in the First World War. Eighteen did not return.
- Reverse Side Reads:
Home and Love and Peace, And a knowledge of duty done- These are for you, my hero true, When victory is won.
To: A Brave Soldier From: St.Jude's Woman's Guild. Mrs. J.B.L. Grout, Secretary.
- Personal Name(s):
- Arthur Hughes ; Mrs. J.B.L. Grout
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- WWI Postcard of St. Jude's Anglican Church, Oakville
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton