Halton Images

Results

We found
12
matching items
Geographic Location
Trafalgar
  
Decade
1950-1959
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Kingsholm Farm, Kaitting House on Dundas Street West, Trafalgar Township.
    Imagecomment       On the back of the photograph: Oakville, Kingholmsfarm, Aug. 1953 Herb Schafer.
    Imagecomment     On the back of the photograph: Oakville, Kingholmsfarm, Aug. 1953 Herb Schafer.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #7, Sixth Line School
    Image       S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, a substitute for Miss Jennie Shirrif who was ill, and 28 students.
    Image     S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's School 1958
    Image       S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here is teacher Jack Loos with 27 pupils. The brick school was later use as a community hall until 1969 when ...
    Image     S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Trafalgar Boys Band, Oakville Centennial Celebrations, 1957
    Image       Handwritten on the back of the photo: "Trafalgar boy's band Centenial June 30, 1957".
    Image     Handwritten on the back of the photo: "Trafalgar boy's band Centenial June 30, 1957".
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Have All Sheridan Property Needed For Roads Says Elson, March 29, 1956
    TextImage  Oakville Trafalgar Journal, 29 Mar 1956, Section 1, p. 1, column 1     Newspaper article about the expansion of the Queen Elizabeth Highway which required the demolition of the little village of Sheridan, Ontario.
    TextImage  Oakville Trafalgar Journal, 29 Mar 1956, Section 1, p. 1, column 1   Newspaper article about the expansion of the Queen Elizabeth Highway which required the demolition of the little village of Sheridan, Ontario.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Teaching Contract Between Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar School Area, 1956
    Text       The teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar school area signed April 21, 1956. The yearly salary was $4300.00 beginning September 4, 1956. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and raised in Merton, which was near what is now the Queen Elizabeth Way and Bronte Road. As a young lady, ...
    Text     The teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar school area signed April 21, 1956. The yearly salary was $4300.00 beginning September 4, 1956. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Teaching Contract Between Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar School Area, 1955
    Text       The teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar school area signed April 5, 1955. The yearly salary was $3700.00 beginning September 1, 1955. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, starting in 1944 and through into the 1950s. Her teaching contracts are ...
    Text     The teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar school area signed April 5, 1955. The yearly salary was $3700.00 beginning September 1, 1955. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bob Fairman's Garage, 1952
    Image       This photograph was taken in the spring of 1952 when the garage and store complex was owned by Bob Fairman. It had quite a history in Trafalgar Township prior to this, most notably being opened prior to 1827 as a hotel, tavern and post office by Ephraim Post. It was ...
    Image     This photograph was taken in the spring of 1952 when the garage and store complex was owned by Bob Fairman. It had quite a history in Trafalgar Township prior to ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1954-55.
    Image       The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel ...
    Image     The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider's School Opening Program, November 29, 1956
    ImageText       Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, 1956 Programme: 1. Senior Choir... O Canada, Mary and Martha, Hark Ye What Angel Voices 2. Junior Choir... Ships, The Lords My Shepard, Rocking 3. Triple Trio... Christmas Hymn, Whence O Shepherd Maiden 4. Autumn Leaves... A Dance ...
    ImageText     Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, 1956 Programme: 1. Senior Choir... O Canada, Mary and Martha, Hark Ye What Angel Voices 2. Junior Choir... ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Moving The Garage
    Image       Moving the back garage at the Brigden farm, 1953
    Image     Moving the back garage at the Brigden farm, 1953
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • F. Alec Phillips
    Image       Reeve of Trafalgar Township in 1958. Photograph from "The Canadian Champion"...
    Image     Reeve of Trafalgar Township in 1958. Photograph from "The Canadian Champion"...
    Milton Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit