Halton Images
We found 65 matching items.
Subject:  City and town halls  Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Trafalgar Township Hall, ca1940 
Image    Trafalgar Township Hall, located on the south-east corner of Trafalgar Road (Seventh Line) and Dundas Street. It faced the Dundas Highway and it ran north/south along 7th Line (now known as Trafalgar Road). This photograph was taken in about 1940. It is the first Hall, a newer one was built...
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Township Hall, Trafalgar.  Spring, 1952. 
ImageText    The Trafalgar Township Hall was first built in 1847 for use as a store, and turned into the township hall in 1880. Links to other photographs of the old, two-storey brick building are in this record for your further information. The original building stood at 6th Line and the Dundas Highway, on...
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
View of the Original Trafalgar Township Hall and Ogden's Ice Cream Booth, pre-1949 
Image    This photograph is taken on the south side of Dundas, looking east over Seventh Line (now known as Trafalgar Road). The photographer is standing in front of the store, gas station and ice cream booth (called Ogden's) owned by Bob Fairman in the 1950s. The photographer is on the southwest...
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Acton Town Hall 1993 
Image  1 Aug 1993  Acton Town Hall; front view from across the road.
Esquesing Historical Society
Georgetown Town Hall 
Image  17 Dec 1913  Georgetown Town Hall (1878-1968) showing entrance to the public library. See P617 .
Esquesing Historical Society
Town Hall 
Image    Town Hall on Willow Street, Acton. Also Acton Fire Brigade headquarters.
Esquesing Historical Society
Municipal Office, 1949 
Image  1949  The Town of Georgetown Municipal Offices on Main Street, Georgetown. It opened in 1948 and closed in 1989. Note the Union Jack flying out in front of the building. Physical details: excellent condition - no creases or silvering. Scalloped edges on the photograph. Printed on Kodak paper.
Esquesing Historical Society
Bird's Eye view of Glen Williams 
Image  c. 1908  Bird's Eye View of Glen Williams taken on rise behind mill race, behind Town Hall. Hall is centre, front. To the right is the blacksmith shop and to the left is Wheeler's General Store. Front: Birds Eye View Glen Williams
Esquesing Historical Society
Minstrel Show Rehearsal, 1920 
Image  1920  Men rehearsing for the Minstrel Show at the Old Town Hall. Physical details: Back of photo is set up as a post card; not written on. Silvering beginning.
Esquesing Historical Society
Local Option Enforcement in front of the Town Hall 
ImageComments:  "Local Option Enforcement in front of the Town Hall," Acton Free Press (Acton, ON), 6 May 1911, p. 2  Local Option was enforced in front of witnesses by Provincial officers. This supply was seized from the Dominion Hotel and subsequently 100 gallons of beer were destroyed in front of the town hall, Acton, after the trial on May 6th. The proprietor, his sons, and bartender of Dominion Hotel were...
Esquesing Historical Society
Town Hall Minstral Show 
Image    Town Hall Minstral show cast
Esquesing Historical Society
Town Hall minstral show 
Image    Town Hall minstral show. Man in white jacket - Parker, standing - Greer, seated right - Joe
Esquesing Historical Society
Town Hall Entertainment 
Image    Town Hall fun
Esquesing Historical Society
Esquesing Township Hall 
Image  c. 1900  Township Hall showing second storey veranda and staircase. It became the Township Hall in 1925.
Esquesing Historical Society
Councillor George Leslie... 
Image  1947  Councillor George Leslie, Clerk J.M. Bennett and Reeve George Cleave in front of Township Hall.
Esquesing Historical Society
Stewarttown Community Hall 
Image  3 Nov 1948  The new Community Hall in 1948 after the removal of the upper storey. It was destroyed by fire.
Esquesing Historical Society
The Old Esquesing Council Chamber 
Image    The Old Esquesing Council Chamber at the corner of John St. and Main St. (Tracey's corner) 1879-1924. It was moved in 1926 to the site of the former hotel.
Esquesing Historical Society
Town Hall 1910 
Image  c. 1910  Town Hall on Guelph and Cross Streets, Georgetown. Public Library is located here. see p109 Physical details: printing is in red. color photo 767. Town Hall, Georgetown, Canada
Esquesing Historical Society
Town Hall 
Image  16 Jun 1990  1, Prince Street, the Glen Williams Town Hall, built in 1871. The interior was remodelled in 1976. Photo taken by J.M. Rowe.
Esquesing Historical Society
The Charred Remains of the Town Hall at Cross and Guelph Street 1968 
Image  "The Charred Remains of the Town Hall at Cross and Guelph Street 1968," Georgetown Herald (Georgetown, ON), 17 Oct 1968, p. 1  A workman throws bricks from the charred ruins of Town Hall at Cross and Guelph Street. It was demolished three weeks after it was destroyed by fire.
Esquesing Historical Society
Media Types
1850s 1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s 1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
1890s 1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s 1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s 1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s 1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1940s 1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s 1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s 1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s 1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s 1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s 1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s 2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s 2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit