Halton Images

Results

We found
25
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • S.S. #4, Snider's School, 1937
    ImageText       S.S. No. 4 Trafalgar 1937
    ImageText     S.S. No. 4 Trafalgar 1937
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #4, Snider's School, 1939
    ImageText       Barb (Royle) Ford 1939
    ImageText     Barb (Royle) Ford 1939
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No. 10, Trafalgar Township
    Image       Isobel Workman is front left and Fred Workman is front right. Donor John Workman remembers one story told by his father, about either the telephone or Hydro poles being put in near the school and the older boys grabbing the younger boys by their ankles and lowering them head first ...
    Image     Isobel Workman is front left and Fred Workman is front right. Donor John Workman remembers one story told by his father, about either the telephone or Hydro poles being put ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Munn's School, S.S. #3A, ca1904
    Image       This photograph shows the students and teachers on the front steps of the beautiful one-room school which had been built in 1900. Daniel Munn gave the land on which the first school in the Trafalgar Township was built in 1809. (He received the 200 acre land grant of Lot 15, ...
    Image     This photograph shows the students and teachers on the front steps of the beautiful one-room school which had been built in 1900. Daniel Munn gave the land on which the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bronte Public School, 1946
    Image       ...
    Image     ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bronte Public School, 1946, Room 4
    ImageText       Senior students of Bronte School. Bronte School 1946, Senior Class, Room 4 Back row, left to right: Bill German, Arlene Brown, Ann Osborne, Connie Lang, Barbara Hughes [Hughs], Teddy Shelting 2nd row from back, left to right: Larry Lowe, Beverly Orr, Mildred Jamieson, Jean Pulman, Etta Relchie, Barbara Black, Audrey ...
    ImageText     Senior students of Bronte School. Bronte School 1946, Senior Class, Room 4 Back row, left to right: Bill German, Arlene Brown, Ann Osborne, Connie Lang, Barbara Hughes [Hughs], Teddy Shelting ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton Public School, 1942-43
    ImageText       In 1942-43, the school at Palermo was under construction. Children who normally would have gone to S.S. 2, Palermo, were sent to Merton school during the construction. Mildred Irene Jamieson, from Trail Farm in Palermo, was one of the children who "commuted" to Merton, she was about 10 years old ...
    ImageText     In 1942-43, the school at Palermo was under construction. Children who normally would have gone to S.S. 2, Palermo, were sent to Merton school during the construction. Mildred Irene Jamieson, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Sixteen School, S.S. #16, Trafalgar Township
    Image       The teacher is Laura King. She may have been in her late teenage years when this photograph was taken. She would not have taught after her marriage in 1909.
    Image     The teacher is Laura King. She may have been in her late teenage years when this photograph was taken. She would not have taught after her marriage in 1909.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakville High School, 1934
    ImageText       Printed by hand on front, “OAKVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1934” ; “M.A. PRINCIPAL” = Mr. M. Archibald; ? “HAMILTON” (photographer) -in pencil on back, “OTS 1934” ; Traf Hist Soc.”
    ImageText     Printed by hand on front, “OAKVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1934” ; “M.A. PRINCIPAL” = Mr. M. Archibald; ? “HAMILTON” (photographer) -in pencil on back, “OTS 1934” ; Traf Hist Soc.”
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Percy W. Merry School, Grade 4 Class, 1971-1972
    Image       Percy W. Merry School ; Grade 4 ; Room 4 ; 1971-72
    Image     Percy W. Merry School ; Grade 4 ; Room 4 ; 1971-72
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Victoria Academy, Merton, 1896 (S.S. #15, Merton, Halton County)
    ImageTextmystery       The back of this photograph is most interesting because someone has written all the names of the people in the photo and they have also written, "Attendants of Victoria Academy - 1896. Merton - County of Halton". This is the same building as S.S. #15, Merton, as evidenced in other ...
    ImageTextmystery     The back of this photograph is most interesting because someone has written all the names of the people in the photo and they have also written, "Attendants of Victoria Academy ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #15, Merton P.S., Undated
    ImageText       Merton school was first a log building. A brick one, S.S.#15, was built in 1857 that was later demolished to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Way, and a third school was built in 1923 that closed in 1958 when the new Palermo Public School on Old Bronte Road was ...
    ImageText     Merton school was first a log building. A brick one, S.S.#15, was built in 1857 that was later demolished to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Way, and a third ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakville High School 1945-46
    ImageText       Printed on left side: Oakville High School, 1945-6. Printed on right side of photograph: ROBERT H. ARCHIBALD, B.A., B.PAED, PRINCIPAL ; Powell, Cayuga
    ImageText     Printed on left side: Oakville High School, 1945-6. Printed on right side of photograph: ROBERT H. ARCHIBALD, B.A., B.PAED, PRINCIPAL ; Powell, Cayuga
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School, S.S. #2, 1931
    ImageText       1931 is handwritten in the top right hand corner of the photograph. Handwritten on the back are the names of students and the teacher as identified in the description.
    ImageText     1931 is handwritten in the top right hand corner of the photograph. Handwritten on the back are the names of students and the teacher as identified in the description.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #7, Trafalgar Township
    ImageText       S.S. No. 7 was the school on the corner of Derry Road and the Sixth Line, Trafalgar Township. It was built in 1870 and closed in 1968. Unlike other area schools, it had no name. This photograph was taken at the end of the 1800's.
    ImageText     S.S. No. 7 was the school on the corner of Derry Road and the Sixth Line, Trafalgar Township. It was built in 1870 and closed in 1968. Unlike other area ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Edward Barber, 1948, Munn's School, S.S. #3A, Halton County, Trafalgar Township
    ImageTextcomment       Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's School, S.S. No. 3A, Halton County, formerly of Trafalgar Township. His teacher was Mrs. McCullough, who would prepare hot cocoa or soup for the children on cold days. A photograph of the cover of Eddie's Grade One report ...
    ImageTextcomment     Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's School, S.S. No. 3A, Halton County, formerly of Trafalgar Township. His teacher was Mrs. McCullough, who would prepare ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The "Old" Schoolhouse, S.S. #10, The Tenth Line School
    Image       S.S. #10, Ethel I. Giles teacher. 1920’s. This was the first school at which Ethel Giles taught.
    Image     S.S. #10, Ethel I. Giles teacher. 1920’s. This was the first school at which Ethel Giles taught.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Students At The "Old" School House, Possibly S.S. #10
    Image       This is believed to be S.S. #10 Britannia & 10th Line, north-east corner of Britannia and Tenth Line. The school started in 1824 and closed in 1958.
    Image     This is believed to be S.S. #10 Britannia & 10th Line, north-east corner of Britannia and Tenth Line. The school started in 1824 and closed in 1958.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Public School 1947
    Image       School photo from Palermo Public School, 1947. Ron Wettlaufer is on the far left, back row. Palermo Schoolhouse is located at 2431 Dundas Street West. The schoolhouse is currently home to the Trafalgar Historical Society. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 ...
    Image     School photo from Palermo Public School, 1947. Ron Wettlaufer is on the far left, back row. Palermo Schoolhouse is located at 2431 Dundas Street West. The schoolhouse is currently home ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bronte School Staff, 1946
    ImageText       ...
    ImageText     ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit