Halton Images

Results

We found
39
matching items
Geographic Location
Palermo
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Trafalgar Township Historical Society Newsletter 2018 Winter_Spring
    TextImage       You can view the complete newsletter in full text by clicking on "Original PDF" on the right side of the record. The full text of all TTHS newsletters is OCR'd so searching will retrieve your search words if mentioned in any newsletter. Individual pages can each be viewed in PDF ...
    TextImage     You can view the complete newsletter in full text by clicking on "Original PDF" on the right side of the record. The full text of all TTHS newsletters is OCR'd ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2408 Dundas Street West, 1991 and 2008
    Image       This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the east of Palermo. As of 2016, there is a restaurant facing Dundas Street at about the spot. The photograph in ...
    Image     This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Trafalgar Township Historical Society Newsletter 2017 Fall
    TextImage       You can view the complete newsletter in full text by clicking on "Original PDF" on the right side of the record. Individual pages can each be viewed in PDF format by clicking on "Pages" "Select" at the top left of the record. All TTHS Newsletters can be easily retrieved by ...
    TextImage     You can view the complete newsletter in full text by clicking on "Original PDF" on the right side of the record. Individual pages can each be viewed in PDF format ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Brian Shillum, Mrs. Taylor and Wayne Shillum, Early 1950's
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on Rosemar Farms, they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, Wayne and Brian Shillum with Bill and Mrs. Taylor
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on "Rosemar Farms", they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2467 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
    Image       5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, now 2467 Old Bronte Road in Oakville, Ontario. There is no indication of the date but markings on the back of each photograph show they are from the same roll of film, possibly the 1970's. The last 2 ...
    Image     5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, now 2467 Old Bronte Road in Oakville, Ontario. There is no indication of the date but markings on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Women's Institute
    Image       Ethel Wettlaufer is at the bottom left. The lady on Ethel’s left is Gwen Lister. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo public school, 1940's-1950's. She married Eckhardt Reiner Elton Wettlaufer in 1924. Book III, page 66 of the Nelson Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History has a handwritten history of the Palermo ...
    Image     Ethel Wettlaufer is at the bottom left. The lady on Ethel’s left is Gwen Lister. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo public school, 1940's-1950's. She married Eckhardt Reiner Elton Wettlaufer ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Special Report of Palermo Sidewalk Commmissioners for 1910
    Image       Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on page 3 entitled "Cash Subscribed" after the donor identified as "A Friend" is the name, "Dr. Book".
    Image     Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on page 3 entitled "Cash Subscribed" after the donor identified as "A Friend" is the name, "Dr. Book".
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, 1950's
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. They named their property Rosemar Farms. This photograph shows an old Department of Highways truck that was adapted for ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2514 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
    Image       This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte Road), in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville. According to the 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and ...
    Image     This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
    Imagecomment       This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
    Imagecomment     This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3069 Dundas Street West, c1992
    Image       This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It was likely located on Lot 31, Conc.1 NDS Trafalgar Township, or in today's terms, on the north side of Dundas Street, west of Bronte Road, just before Valleyridge Drive in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville, Ontario. ...
    Image     This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It was likely located on Lot 31, Conc.1 NDS Trafalgar Township, or in today's terms, on the north side ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Township of Trafalgar Police Boys Band, around 1955-1960
    Image       One of several photographs in our digital collection of the Trafalgar Police Boys Band, around the years of 1958 - 1965. In this particular photograph, Walter Wilson is the lad standing in front of the bass drum on the floor, holding the cymbals. Some of the other band members at ...
    Image     One of several photographs in our digital collection of the Trafalgar Police Boys Band, around the years of 1958 - 1965. In this particular photograph, Walter Wilson is the lad ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Family of Harry and Wilma Wilson, ca1956
    Image       Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now Old Bronte Road. Their house was built by Wilma's father, Ernest and his brother Harry Henderson. Ernest was a building ...
    Image     Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Majorette Corps, Township of Trafalgar Police Boys Band, around 1958
    ImageText       Township of Trafalgar, Police Boys Band
    ImageText     Township of Trafalgar, Police Boys Band
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Trafalgar Township Historical Society Newsletter 2017 Spring
    TextImage       You can view the complete newsletter in full text by clicking on "Original PDF" on the right side of the record. Individual pages can each be viewed in PDF format by clicking on "Pages" "Select" at the top left of the record. All TTHS Newsletters can be easily retrieved by ...
    TextImage     You can view the complete newsletter in full text by clicking on "Original PDF" on the right side of the record. Individual pages can each be viewed in PDF format ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Wilson House, Old Bronte Road, Palermo
    Image       Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now Old Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario. Their house was built by Wilma's father, Ernest Henderson, who was a building contractor by ...
    Image     Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Mrs. Ernest Henderson, Life Membership Certificate, Palermo Women's Institute, 1953
    ImageText       Ontario Women's Institute ; Life Membership Certificate ; This is to certify that Mrs. Ernest Henderson has been granted Life Membership in the Palermo Women's Institute. This certificate has been granted in recognition of much appreciated service. Date: May 25, 1953. This life membership is transferable to any Women's Institute ...
    ImageText     Ontario Women's Institute ; Life Membership Certificate ; This is to certify that Mrs. Ernest Henderson has been granted Life Membership in the Palermo Women's Institute. This certificate has been ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • William Lyon Mackenzie Chair and Jacquard Quilt, 2017
    ImageText       The ‘Mackenzie Chair’ Adventure Background Information: December 8, 1837 the Absalom Smith Family of Palermo assisted William Lyon Mackenzie ”The Little Rebel” in his flight out of the country. It was the evening of December 8, 1837 when William Lyon Mackenzie and Allan Wilcox, travelling west on foot north of ...
    ImageText     The ‘Mackenzie Chair’ Adventure Background Information: December 8, 1837 the Absalom Smith Family of Palermo assisted William Lyon Mackenzie ”The Little Rebel” in his flight out of the country. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ken and Ella Giles, 25th Wedding Anniversary Dinner
    Image       Ken and Ella Giles at their 25th wedding anniversary dinner. They married in June 1928. A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s and 1960s. It is one of 3 others in the TTHS internet collection taken by Mr. Lawrence that night. The ...
    Image     Ken and Ella Giles at their 25th wedding anniversary dinner. They married in June 1928. A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit