Halton Images

Results

We found
9
matching items
Geographic Location
Trafalgar
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Mrs. Brownridge
    Image       Mrs. Ruth Brownridge taught at Glenorchy, Coyne, Omagh and Percy W. Merry School. Her husband, Bob Brownridge, was a rural postal driver for many years. They farmed on the Fourth Line, Trafalgar.
    Image     Mrs. Ruth Brownridge taught at Glenorchy, Coyne, Omagh and Percy W. Merry School. Her husband, Bob Brownridge, was a rural postal driver for many years. They farmed on the Fourth ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Teaching Contract between Ethel Wettlaufer and Trafalgar Township School Area, 1949
    Text       Teaching contract signed on April 5th, 1949 between Trafalgar Township School Area in the County of Halton and Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer. The salary was $190 a month beginning the 6th of September, 1949.
    Text     Teaching contract signed on April 5th, 1949 between Trafalgar Township School Area in the County of Halton and Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer. The salary was $190 a month beginning the 6th ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. # 7-Miss Smith and Students
    Image       In back row from left to right are: Miss Smith, Helen Chisholm, Marion (last name unknown), Bernice Boyd, Laura Peacock, (identity unknown), Ralph Featherston and Ken Pewtress. In the front row from left to right are: Margaret Saunders, Harriett Peacock, Mary Bailey, Elsie Boyd, Willard Featherston, Clarence Peacock, Lloyd Boyd ...
    Image     In back row from left to right are: Miss Smith, Helen Chisholm, Marion (last name unknown), Bernice Boyd, Laura Peacock, (identity unknown), Ralph Featherston and Ken Pewtress. In the front ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's School 1958
    Image       S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here is teacher Jack Loos with 27 pupils. The brick school was later use as a community hall until 1969 when ...
    Image     S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Gladys (McCleary) Speers
    Image       Pictured is Gladys (McCleary) Speers. Miss McCleary was teaching at Trafalgar's S.S. #8 when her sister Violet was a student. Many of her students went right through Grade 8 without ever having another teacher, and many years later she called each one by name, although they had married and had ...
    Image     Pictured is Gladys (McCleary) Speers. Miss McCleary was teaching at Trafalgar's S.S. #8 when her sister Violet was a student. Many of her students went right through Grade 8 without ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #7, Sixth Line School
    Image       S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, a substitute for Miss Jennie Shirrif who was ill, and 28 students.
    Image     S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bob & Ruth Brownridge
    Image       Bob had just retired from delivering mail on R.R. 1. Ruth and Bob married on July 15, 1931. Ruth was a long-time, much loved schoolteacher in Halton County.
    Image     Bob had just retired from delivering mail on R.R. 1. Ruth and Bob married on July 15, 1931. Ruth was a long-time, much loved schoolteacher in Halton County.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Contract Between Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar School area no. 1, 1944.
    Image       The envelope for the first teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar School Area no. 1, starting Sept 4th, 1944. She was paid $1100 per year. The actual contract for 1944 appears in a separate record in this collection. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, ...
    Image     The envelope for the first teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar School Area no. 1, starting Sept 4th, 1944. She was paid $1100 per year. The actual ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Teaching Contract Between Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar School Area, 1956
    Text       The teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar school area signed April 21, 1956. The yearly salary was $4300.00 beginning September 4, 1956. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and raised in Merton, which was near what is now the Queen Elizabeth Way and Bronte Road. As a young lady, ...
    Text     The teaching contract between Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer and the Trafalgar school area signed April 21, 1956. The yearly salary was $4300.00 beginning September 4, 1956. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit