Halton Images

Results

We found
153
matching items
Contributors
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Lyon Family Reunion
    Imagecomment       ...
    Imagecomment     ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street ca 1925
    Image       This photo was taken from the McCrae family's property which was located on Thomas Street. In the rear right of the photo, the corner of 176 Front Street can be seen. Directly in the background is Glenorchy cottage. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James ...
    Image     This photo was taken from the McCrae family's property which was located on Thomas Street. In the rear right of the photo, the corner of 176 Front Street can be ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street ca 1930
    Image       176 Front Street can be seen behind the McCrae children. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no ...
    Image     176 Front Street can be seen behind the McCrae children. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street 1946
    Image       The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used. The front of the house boasts an impressive ...
    Image     The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street- A view from the lake
    Image       The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used.
    Image     The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street- A view from the beach
    Image       A view of the house and grounds at 176 Front Street from the beach.
    Image     A view of the house and grounds at 176 Front Street from the beach.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The View from 176 Front Street
    Image       This photo was taken from 176 Front Street looking east over Lake Ontario.
    Image     This photo was taken from 176 Front Street looking east over Lake Ontario.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Aerial View of Oakville Shoreline
    Image       ...
    Image     ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Cordingley House
    Image       The Cordingley House located on 9th Line at Derry Road still stands as a reminder of McCurdy's Corner. The house was likely built during the mid to late 19th century.
    Image     The Cordingley House located on 9th Line at Derry Road still stands as a reminder of McCurdy's Corner. The house was likely built during the mid to late 19th century.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Residence of Major W.F. Eaton
    Image       Major W.F. Eaton was the son of Timothy Eaton and purchased the above property located at 1208 Lakeshore Rd. E in 1916 and built the estate in 1921. It was named Ballymena after the family's home in Ireland.
    Image     Major W.F. Eaton was the son of Timothy Eaton and purchased the above property located at 1208 Lakeshore Rd. E in 1916 and built the estate in 1921. It was ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bethel United Church
    Image       The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's Memories" from a series of taped interviews by Lou Bradley, edited by Deborah Quaile, published by the Milton Historical Society, c2002. It is also from the note by longtime church member and historian, Ross Wark, in the Winter ...
    Image     The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's Memories" from a series of taped interviews by Lou Bradley, edited by Deborah Quaile, published by the Milton ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Wedding of George & Yvonne Wettlaufer
    Image       George William Wettlaufer was married to Yvonne Gertrude Beaumont at the Palermo United Church, May 31, 1952.
    Image     George William Wettlaufer was married to Yvonne Gertrude Beaumont at the Palermo United Church, May 31, 1952.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Playing Tennis In Palermo
    Image       In the background is the Palermo Church. The house is on the corner of Hwys 5 and 25.
    Image     In the background is the Palermo Church. The house is on the corner of Hwys 5 and 25.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • WWI Postcard of St. Jude's Anglican Church, Oakville
    ImageText       Reverse Side Reads: Home and Love and Peace, And a knowledge of duty done- These are for you, my hero true, When victory is won. To: A Brave Soldier From: St.Jude's Woman's Guild. Mrs. J.B.L. Grout, Secretary.
    ImageText     Reverse Side Reads: Home and Love and Peace, And a knowledge of duty done- These are for you, my hero true, When victory is won. To: A Brave Soldier From: ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Interior of Palermo Methodist Church, Early 1900s
    ImageText       Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
    ImageText     Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakhurst, Back View.
    Image       Built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus and his family lived and farmed at Con 2, SDS, Lot 31, Trafalgar Township. He settled in 1823, was born in Canada, had a PO address at Palermo, and his occupation ...
    Image     Built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus and his family lived and farmed at Con 2, SDS, Lot ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Saunders Home and Family
    Image       Saunders home on the farm at Lot 11, concession 7, Trafalgar, c. 1898. Back Row, l-r; Aunt Sophia Montgomery, John Saunders, Mrs. Geo. Saunders, Ed Saunders, Jennine Montgomery, Sid McMurray, Millie Hooper, Grandma Dent, Mary Frawley, John McMurray, John Saunders. Front row; Mrs. John Saunders, Gladys Saunders, Carl Saunders, Lizzie ...
    Image     Saunders home on the farm at Lot 11, concession 7, Trafalgar, c. 1898. Back Row, l-r; Aunt Sophia Montgomery, John Saunders, Mrs. Geo. Saunders, Ed Saunders, Jennine Montgomery, Sid McMurray, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Home of George Buck
    Image       Home on Dundas Highway, Lot 28, Concession 1, NDS former Trafalgar Township. Street address was 2307 Dundas Street West, now in Oakville, Ontario. In 2004, the house was clearly visible from Dundas Street and considered to be a familiar landmark. Other photographs of the house on unauthoritative internet sites show ...
    Image     Home on Dundas Highway, Lot 28, Concession 1, NDS former Trafalgar Township. Street address was 2307 Dundas Street West, now in Oakville, Ontario. In 2004, the house was clearly visible ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hardy Family Home, Ninth Line and Upper Middle Road, Sheridan
    Image       This farm was called Maple Hill in Sheridan. It was at the crest of the hill on the left side of Upper Middle Road as you travel west from Sheridan. Hardy family members today remember the excellent tobogganing on Maple Hill.
    Image     This farm was called Maple Hill in Sheridan. It was at the crest of the hill on the left side of Upper Middle Road as you travel west from Sheridan. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Saunders House, 7th Line, Just Above Derry Rd.
    Image       This frame house was well over 100 years old when it was demolished in 1972 to make way for the widening of Trafalgar Rd. at Derry Rd. In the early days it was an inn. The tree to the left of the porch had been grafted to produce three different ...
    Image     This frame house was well over 100 years old when it was demolished in 1972 to make way for the widening of Trafalgar Rd. at Derry Rd. In the early ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit