Halton Images

Results

We found
328
matching items
Geographic Location
Palermo
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • G.S. Wood Family House, 2487 Old Bronte Road
    Image       This is the home in which Stanley and Ethel Wood raised their family in Palermo, Halton County, in the middle of the 20th century. The house still stands in early 2016, in fact it is for sale. G.S. Wood and his wife, Ethel, owned the general store with post office ...
    Image     This is the home in which Stanley and Ethel Wood raised their family in Palermo, Halton County, in the middle of the 20th century. The house still stands in early ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School, S.S. #2, in 2014
    Image       Dundas Street is scheduled to be widened in the summer of 2014, bringing the road and sidewalk within a few metres of the front door of the old Palermo schoolhouse. This series of 6 photographs shows the old one-room schoolhouse, its grounds and neighbouring properties of the old mill pond ...
    Image     Dundas Street is scheduled to be widened in the summer of 2014, bringing the road and sidewalk within a few metres of the front door of the old Palermo schoolhouse. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Two Photographs of the Barn on Fox Farm, Palermo
    ImageText       The farm house and barn stand on the north side of Dundas, just east of Old Bronte Road at Palermo, in Oakville, Ontario. Its neighbour to the east is the old S.S. #2 schoolhouse, home of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society. The photograph with the horse was taken in 2010 ...
    ImageText     The farm house and barn stand on the north side of Dundas, just east of Old Bronte Road at Palermo, in Oakville, Ontario. Its neighbour to the east is the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Oakhurst", Inglehart House, 1470 Bronte Road
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo was built of lakestone. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus was at Con. (NDS) 2 Lot ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Blacksmith Shop, Exterior, ca2009
    Image       The first of 5 exterior photographs of the last blacksmith shop in Palermo, taken in 2009. When the smith died in the late 1960's, the building was locked and all remains as it was.
    Image     The first of 5 exterior photographs of the last blacksmith shop in Palermo, taken in 2009. When the smith died in the late 1960's, the building was locked and all ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • History of Elmbank Farms owned by Tovell Bros.
    Image       For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Image     For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • History of Elmbank Farms owned by Tovell Bros.
    Image       For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Image     For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Century Old Home - Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers, page 5 of 5.  By Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
    ImageText       This is a transcript of the text on page 5: Georgian Influences. I would like to turn my attention now to the various items of the Tovell home which prompted me to classify it as Georgian. To begin with, the rectangular planning and gable roof of this two storey house ...
    ImageText     This is a transcript of the text on page 5: Georgian Influences. I would like to turn my attention now to the various items of the Tovell home which prompted ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2408 Dundas Street West, 1991 and 2008
    Image       This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the east of Palermo. As of 2016, there is a restaurant facing Dundas Street at about the spot. The photograph in ...
    Image     This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
    Imagecomment       This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
    Imagecomment     This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Village life disappearing in Palermo
    TextImage  Diane Hart, Oakville Beaver, 6 Aug 1986     ...
    TextImage  Diane Hart, Oakville Beaver, 6 Aug 1986   ...
    Oakville Public Library
  • House at Southeast Corner of Palermo, ca1980.
    Image       This photograph was taken circa 1980. The house has been torn down. It was on the southeast corner of Dundas Street West and Old Bronte Road, formerly in Trafalgar Township.
    Image     This photograph was taken circa 1980. The house has been torn down. It was on the southeast corner of Dundas Street West and Old Bronte Road, formerly in Trafalgar Township.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2514 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
    Image       This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte Road), in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville. According to the 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and ...
    Image     This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2467 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
    Image       Two photographs taken sometime in the 1970's on the city street outside 2467 Old Bronte Road, south of Dundas Street in Palermo, Oakville. They show the two lane road line with big maple trees. Click on "Pages" "Select" to see the 2nd image. You can see the old frame house ...
    Image     Two photographs taken sometime in the 1970's on the city street outside 2467 Old Bronte Road, south of Dundas Street in Palermo, Oakville. They show the two lane road line ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2467 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
    Image       5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, now 2467 Old Bronte Road in Oakville, Ontario. There is no indication of the date but markings on the back of each photograph show they are from the same roll of film, possibly the 1970's. The last 2 ...
    Image     5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, now 2467 Old Bronte Road in Oakville, Ontario. There is no indication of the date but markings on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Full Text of "Century Old Home- Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers" with Photographs, by Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
    ImageText       Written by hand beside the top photograph: The old Buck Homestead, Dundas St. The little old part is the origin[al] home of 1805. The last of the pioneer apple trees in the great orchard. Hand written underneath the bottom photograph: the Present Tovell Farm.
    ImageText     Written by hand beside the top photograph: The old Buck Homestead, Dundas St. The little old part is the origin[al] home of 1805. The last of the pioneer apple trees ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Century Old Home- Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers, page 4 of 5.
Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
    ImageText       This is a transcript of the text on this page: The original home appeared even more Georgian in influence than the existing home although it does have a very Georgian appearance outside. The initial home had a large central hall which was harmonious with the idea that the home was ...
    ImageText     This is a transcript of the text on this page: The original home appeared even more Georgian in influence than the existing home although it does have a very Georgian ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Public School, 1967-1968, A.M. Kindergarten Class
    ImageText       Palermo Public School KGN. AM RM.4 1967-68
    ImageText     Palermo Public School KGN. AM RM.4 1967-68
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Public School, Grade 6, Rm 2.  1967-68.
    Image       There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school may have been on the same property as the ones built in 1842, 1875 & 1942 or it may have been across the road near the cemetery. ...
    Image     There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school may have been on the same property ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Public School
    Imagecomment       Miss Helgason, teacher – grade 5, 1966-67. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school may have been on the same property as the ones built in 1842, 1875 & 1942 or it may have ...
    Imagecomment     Miss Helgason, teacher – grade 5, 1966-67. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit