Halton Images

Results

We found
153
matching items
Contributors
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 136 Dundas
    Image       This house was likely demolished in 2002 or 2003. We are not certain if it was 136 Dundas East or West.
    Image     This house was likely demolished in 2002 or 2003. We are not certain if it was 136 Dundas East or West.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street 1946
    Image       The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used. The front of the house boasts an impressive ...
    Image     The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street 1947
    Image       The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used. The front door is a prominent feature of ...
    Image     The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street- A view from the beach
    Image       A view of the house and grounds at 176 Front Street from the beach.
    Image     A view of the house and grounds at 176 Front Street from the beach.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street- A view from the lake
    Image       The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used.
    Image     The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street ca 1925
    Image       This photo was taken from the McCrae family's property which was located on Thomas Street. In the rear right of the photo, the corner of 176 Front Street can be seen. Directly in the background is Glenorchy cottage. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James ...
    Image     This photo was taken from the McCrae family's property which was located on Thomas Street. In the rear right of the photo, the corner of 176 Front Street can be ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street ca 1930
    Image       176 Front Street can be seen behind the McCrae children. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no ...
    Image     176 Front Street can be seen behind the McCrae children. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street ca 1935
    Image       Four children are skating in the yard at 29 Thomas Street. 176 Front Street can be seen in the background. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It ...
    Image     Four children are skating in the yard at 29 Thomas Street. 176 Front Street can be seen in the background. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street ca 1937
    Image       The house at 176 Front Street can be seen in the rear right of the photo. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of ...
    Image     The house at 176 Front Street can be seen in the rear right of the photo. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 43 Bronte Rd.
    Image       43 Bronte Rd. Bill Hill built this house when he was 21. Photo taken 1997.
    Image     43 Bronte Rd. Bill Hill built this house when he was 21. Photo taken 1997.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Aerial View of Oakville Shoreline
    Image       ...
    Image     ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Among the Flowers
    Image       A woman takes a break from planting flowers to pose for a photograph.
    Image     A woman takes a break from planting flowers to pose for a photograph.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Apartments North of Stoneboats
    Image       Apartments North of STONEBOATS on Bronte Road at Marine Drive, on the East side of the street.
    Image     Apartments North of STONEBOATS on Bronte Road at Marine Drive, on the East side of the street.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Arthur George Heavan's farm.
    Image       Arthur George Heavan's farm, Boyne Ont. lot 6 Concession 1. Pictured are Charlotte and herbert Heavan, C 1898.
    Image     Arthur George Heavan's farm, Boyne Ont. lot 6 Concession 1. Pictured are Charlotte and herbert Heavan, C 1898.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Back of the Sargent Family House
    Image       Back of sergeant House Bronte Rd, 1988. Cathie Davenport Brown on Right.
    Image     Back of sergeant House Bronte Rd, 1988. Cathie Davenport Brown on Right.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bethel United Church
    Image       The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's Memories" from a series of taped interviews by Lou Bradley, edited by Deborah Quaile, published by the Milton Historical Society, c2002. It is also from the note by longtime church member and historian, Ross Wark, in the Winter ...
    Image     The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's Memories" from a series of taped interviews by Lou Bradley, edited by Deborah Quaile, published by the Milton ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bill Dent's Store
    Imagecomment       Store belonging to Bill Dent, on the north-west corner of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. The house next door belonged to a Mrs. Fisher. The photograph was taken in the spring of 1952. The Dents lived at Glenorchy.
    Imagecomment     Store belonging to Bill Dent, on the north-west corner of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. The house next door belonged to a Mrs. Fisher. The photograph was taken in the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bronte Fisherman's Hut
    Image       Last Bronte fisherman’s Hut behind lakeside, 1997.
    Image     Last Bronte fisherman’s Hut behind lakeside, 1997.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Cedar Croft, 1946.
    Image       “Cedar Croft” a buisness offering Cabin Rentals, was located on what are now the grounds of Appleby College in Oakville. The cabins were built one at a time by Sherman G. Powley, (1863-1946), beginning in 1925. This photo was hand-titnted, and was sent to the family by an American Tourist.
    Image     “Cedar Croft” a buisness offering Cabin Rentals, was located on what are now the grounds of Appleby College in Oakville. The cabins were built one at a time by Sherman ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Church Being Rushed
    Imagecomment       St. Luke’s Anglican Church, Palermo, built 1845, is now being raised and a foundation will be built under it. Surrounding it is a quaint country churchyard in which tombstones bear the names of pioneer families of Palermo, sheltered by pine trees whose bare roots reach out like gnarled hands.
    Imagecomment     St. Luke’s Anglican Church, Palermo, built 1845, is now being raised and a foundation will be built under it. Surrounding it is a quaint country churchyard in which tombstones bear ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit