Centriller School in Bronte Nov-Dec 1979
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This school was at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street in Bronte. As per the March 2012 Oakville Historical Society newsletter: In 1872, a two story school made of stone was constructed on the north side of Chisholm St. (now Marine Drive). It was demolished in 1923 and a new school was built with the south half built in 1949. Centriller School closed in June of 1976. Students then moved to Westbrook (later demolished), Eastview and St. Dominic’s. T. A. Blakelock High School is the closest secondary school since Queen Elizabeth Park H.S. closed a few years ago.
- Centriller replaced the former Bronte (Public) School, S.S. 13.
- Date Of Event
- December 1979
- Local identifier
- Oakville Images
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.50011 Longitude: -79.88294
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton