Rhoda (Lawrence) Reid & The Niebel Children
- McVey, 1118 - 1243 Queen St. W., Toronto, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Rhoda (Lawrence) Reid was a daughter of Orange Lawrence & Sarah House who lived in Trafalgar Township before moving to Orangeville, Ontario. She is photographed here with her grandchildren, the children of her daughter Sarah (Reid) and George Henry Niebel.
- In 1815, Orange Lawrence came from the United States. In 1823, Orange and his wife, Sarah, settled on a farm near Hammondsville, later renamed Sheridan, Lot 1, Con. 2, SDS, south of Dundas Street, Trafalgar Township. The farm remained in the possession of the family until 1977. In 1844, Orange and Sarah moved to found Orangeville.
- Personal Name(s)
- Rhoda (Lawrence) Reid, b.1829 d.1908 ; Sarah (Reid) Niebel ; George Henry Niebel
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.50011 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Rhoda (Lawrence) Reid & The Niebel Children
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton