Glenorchy Bridge, Circa 1900
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The bridge at Glenorchy crossed an arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Halton County. The site is particularly remembered for the old school which had been built nearby in the river floodplain - people remember the river ice pushing up against the school, and for the collapse of the seventy year old bridge in 1964 when a truck with a heavy load of potatoes tried to drive over it.
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.50011 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Glenorchy Bridge, Circa 1900
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton