George and Emily Hardy With Grandchildren, August 1911
- Media Type
- Item Type
- George Henry Hardy, b.1843 d.1933, owned a farm at Sheridan, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, on what is now Winston Churchill Boulevard, Oakville. When he was 29, George married Emily Gilby, age 27, of Sheridan on January 25, 1872.
This family photograph was taken in August 1911. Back row: Gilby Hardy, Gertrude Hardy and Jennie Hardy. Middle row: George Henry Hardy, Vic Wilson, Emily Hardy, Hazel Hardy. Front row: Leonard Wilson, Gordon Wilson.
- George's parents were George and Mary Hardy. Emily's parents were John and Alisimon (or Alisemon) Elizabeth Gilby of Sheridan. Her close sister was Emma Gilby. Emily and George are buried at Springcreek Cemetery, Clarkson Road North, Mississauga, Ontario.
The Hardy home and farm was on the 9th Line, Upper Middle Road.
- Date of Publication
- Aug 1911
- Date Of Event
- August 1911
- Personal Name(s)
- George Henry Hardy. Emily (Gilby) Hardy, b. 1844 Yorkshire, England d. 1936. Gilby Hardy. Gertrude Hardy. Jennie Hardy. Victor Wilson, b. August 6, 1906 d. August 22, 1972. Hazel Hardy. Leonard Wilson. Gordon Wilson. John Gilby. Alisimon Elizabeth Gilby.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- George and Emily Hardy With Grandchildren
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton