Trafalgar Circuit Dramatic Society, March 26, 1943 Play Bill
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The obituary of Reverend Herbert Sangster Lovering talks of the plays he loved to write for performance by his parishioners. The community of Sheridan and this church had a history of theatre and music performance. This is one such play and the thrifty re-use of the playbill shows it had 4 performances at Sheridan Hall in 1943. Rev. Lovering ministered at Sheridan United Church for 12 years. The church was part of the Trafalgar circuit, Hamilton Presbytery, United Church of Canada. Ronald Stewart of Clarkson, was the tenor soloist and choir leader at Sheridan United Church. He sang a solo at the funeral of Mr. Lovering in January 1947. The obituary talks about Mr. Lovering's love of farming and the rural life. He took all opportunities to assist with the work. He loved verses and story telling as well as writing dramas. He married Ada Wallace in 1908, she died in 1915. He married Ethel McNaughton in 1917 and their son was Dr. John Lovering. The obituary is from the Orillia Packet & Times, January 2, 1947.
- Trafalgar Circuit Dramatic Society presents AND SO - -LIFE at Sheridan Hall. Wednesday, March 24 (Thursday, Jan. 21 is crossed out) and Friday, March 26 (Friday, Jan. 22 is crossed out) 1943 8:30 p.m.
REV. H. S. LOVERING - - Playwright
Mrs. O. A. Lawrence - - Director
ACT I - The Living Room of the Brock Homestead of Jim and Stella Brock.
ACT II The same, a week later.
ACT III Harry's farewell at the home of Marion Brock, a few days later.
Cast - STELLA BROCK...Grace Cullingham.
MARION BROCK...Edna Wilson.
SARAH BROCK...Ruth Fairburn.
MOLLY BROCK...Martha Biggar.
Dr. FERDINAND CHAUNCEY BROCK, Stanley Turner.
GEORGE BROCK...Richard Born.
Jim BROCK...Bob Kelly.
HARRY BROCK...Arnold Fish.
COLONEL BROCK...Bill Stensson.
BILLY BROCK...Howard Christensen.
Music - RONALD
- Place of Publication
- Sheridan, Trafalgar Township, Ontario
- Date of Original
Width: 6 in
Height: 10 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Rev. H.S. Lovering Mrs. O.A. Lawrence Grace Cullingham Edna Wilson Ruth Fairburn Martha Biggar Stanley Turner Richard Born Bob Kelly Arnold Fish Bill Stensson Howard Christensen Ronald Stewart Chris Stensson
- Corporate Name(s)
- Trafalgar Circuit Dramatic Society Sheridan Male Quartet Sheridan Orchestra Trafalgar Circuit Parsonage Fund
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.50011 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Trafalgar Circuit Dramatic Society, March 26, 1943 Play Bill
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton