1958 Junior Farmers Championship Softball Team
- Media Type
- Item Type
- These young men of Halton County, from the Omagh area, won the championship of the Junior Farmers Association of Ontario at the Guelph Field Day in 1958.
Front row: Graham Gillies, Clarence McCann, John Willmott, Lloyd Vivian, John Jarvis.
Back row: Ken Vivian, John Pegg, Len Naylor, Coach, Len Coolich, Glen Richardson, Don Vivian, Danny Pegg is absent.
- The Junior Farmers Association of Ontario started in 1914 as an Ontario Department of Agriculture initiative to teach young farmers the best in farming and farm management. The Agricultural College in Guelph sent out representatives throughout Ontario to work with young farmers. Social events and sports teams were a natural extension of these meetings.
The website of the Association is linked here for further information.
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Graham Gillies. Clarence McCann. John Willmott. Lloyd Vivian. John Jarvis. Ken Vivian. John Pegg. Len Naylor. Len Coolich. Glen Richardson. Don Vivian. Danny Pegg.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.51681 Longitude: -79.88294
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1958 Junior Farmers Championship Softball Team
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton