Thomas and Charlotte McHugh, about 1925
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The family of Thomas had come from Ireland in the 1830's to settle in Peel County, Upper Canada. Thomas had one sister, Mary Jane, and his three brothers were Robert, William and Charles. Charlotte had numerous siblings as her mother died young and her father remarried twice more. Thomas was a farmer. After he and Charlotte married, they lived on Alex Kent's farm on the 8th Line. Later, they moved to farm on the Sixth Line, Trafalgar Township. In later years, their son-in-law managed the farm.
- Personal Name(s)
- Thomas John McHugh, b.August 3, 1846 in Churchville, Peel County. d.1928. Charlotte (Anderson) McHugh, b. July 24, 1853 on 8th Line, Trafalgar Township, on the "old McMillan farm".
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.5242260472073 Longitude: -79.8133629101562
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Thomas and Charlotte McHugh, about 1925
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton