Scrapbook Made For Arthur Smith circa 1888
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This scrap picture book was made by a family member for Art. Arthur was born in 1883 so it is likely the book, which has no text, was made for him as a toddler.
The pages are made of linen, carefully scalloped around the edges with scissors. The cover was handpainted with watercolours. The images were glued on the pages and the glue still holds firmly and it did not bleed through the linen pages.
Only a few pages are shown here. Not only is it interesting to see this as a homemade child's picture book, it is also interesting to see the fashions and items of the day and to view the items that caught the creator's eye.
- Personal Name(s)
- Arthur Albert Smith, b.December 1883 d.1970
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Scrapbook Made For Arthur Smith, circa 1888
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton