Oakville Historical Society
Records

Results

We found
55
matching items
Groups
Oakville Historical Society
  
  • Gregory Theatre
        Owned and operated by R.L Gregory. Present site of Canada Trust. See 796-798.; Corner Colborne (=Lakeshore) and Dundas.; Entrance to theatre and telephone booth on Colborne.
      Owned and operated by R.L Gregory. Present site of Canada Trust. See ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Commins Music Hall
        1894 - built by Commins (photographer). 1898 - burned to ground in 1898. Some programs: Pauline Johnson: Recitations, "The Rivals", Sheridan. "Mrs. Jailey's Waxworks. "Ten nights in a Bar Room".See 'Beautiful Oakville-1897'. Oversize negative and 2 oversize reproductions. See 5805.; North East corner Trafalgar (Dundas and Colborne Streets); Elaborate double-towered ...
      1894 - built by Commins (photographer). 1898 - burned to ground in ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Calithumpian Parade
        Calithumpian Parade, early 1900's. Oversize negative. Original in possession of Aggie Balmer. See 75.; At South side of Colborne at George Street; Gulledge's boots, shoes and harness store.
      Calithumpian Parade, early 1900's. Oversize negative. Original in possession of Aggie Balmer. ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Orangemen's Parade
        Large cedar arch with photograph Queen Victoria in centre. Queen's Jubilee. See 354.; Haynes Station Hotel, Oakville Railway Station; Station Hotel on left demolished circa 1930; Bandsmen in uniform and citizens
      Large cedar arch with photograph Queen Victoria in centre. Queen's Jubilee. See ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Temperance Hall
        In original shape before alterations. Built by Justus Williams and Thomas Leach - 1st Hall erected for the Temperance Society Reformation Society. 1840's - used for Methodist Church services. 1850's - Meeting place for Township Council. 1852 Exhibitions of Oakville Agricultural Association, 1970 - demolished. See 98, 165, 5742, 5824; ...
      In original shape before alterations. Built by Justus Williams and Thomas Leach ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville House Hotel
        Proprietor Murray H.Williams. From 'Beautiful Oakville'; 125 Lakeshore Road.; Hotel on corner; Several with 2 wagon buses.
      Proprietor Murray H.Williams. From 'Beautiful Oakville'; 125 Lakeshore Road.; Hotel on corner; ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Royal Exchange Hotel
        See 48, 102, 1254.1, 1259-1263, etc.; Front of Royal Exchange Hotel; Hillmer family in carriages, with goat and 2 cows.
      See 48, 102, 1254.1, 1259-1263, etc.; Front of Royal Exchange Hotel; Hillmer ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Queen's Hotel
        Proprietor William Wynne. Headquarters for horsemen and bicyclists. See "Oakville & the Sixteen" under Victoria House-.; North West corner Colborne and Dunn Streets; Queen's Hotel; various with with horse and carriages. See Beautiful Oakville
      Proprietor William Wynne. Headquarters for horsemen and bicyclists. See "Oakville & the ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Shorewood Estate
        ...
      ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Edgemere
        Original. John Gairdner Est. Donor: Mrs.H.S.Ryrie. See 616-648.; 1502 Lakeshore Road East; Sideview of house.
      Original. John Gairdner Est. Donor: Mrs.H.S.Ryrie. See 616-648.; 1502 Lakeshore Road East; ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Home of Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred M. Cox, July 1, 1931
        Mr. & Mrs. Wilfred M.Cox res. July 1, 1931. Guests: Mr.& Mrs. W.M.Copeland, Mrs. Jas.A. Gairdner, Mrs. H.W.E.Kepler, Walter Harland Smith. Donor: Mrs. Irene Wall. Loc.Box #7.; House with 4 horse drawn carriage.; Friends listed on back of photogr.
      Mr. & Mrs. Wilfred M.Cox res. July 1, 1931. Guests: Mr.& Mrs. ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Burden estate.
        Orig.Mr. & Mrs. Henry Burden estate. Mounted photogr. By 'Corlis Toronto.' See 5928-5940. Donor: Doreen Funnell. Map Cab.Drawer #5.; Lakeshore Rd. E. now Raymar Estate.; Curved drive to house, lamp post.
      Orig.Mr. & Mrs. Henry Burden estate. Mounted photogr. By 'Corlis Toronto.' See ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Doty's Carriage Spring & Axle Works.
        John Doty's Carriage Spring & Axle Works, Oakville, Ontario. Advertisement. Copy courtesy of George Buzzard. Framed with 126. See 84, 99, 125/6, 693, 780, 819,; North West corner Colborne and Forsythe, 16 Mile Creek; Foundry-factory
      John Doty's Carriage Spring & Axle Works, Oakville, Ontario. Advertisement. Copy courtesy ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville Basket Company
        Group sitting on large logs. See 91, 111, 290, 392, 738, 942, 1029, 1031, 1052, 1076, 5033, 6264/5.; Factory of Oakville Basket Company; Large group - labourers
      Group sitting on large logs. See 91, 111, 290, 392, 738, 942, ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Gulledge's store
        Boots and Shoes, Harness, Collars, Trunks, Whips It burned down and they moved back to No. 194 . From 'Beautiful Oakville'. See 64.; South East corner of Thomas and Lakeshore, Oakville; Storefront; Various persons, E.H.Gulledge's Store
      Boots and Shoes, Harness, Collars, Trunks, Whips It burned down and they ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Tannery
        March 1900. Donor: Mrs. J.Havell. See 123, 268, 270, 1116-1130, 1132-33, 5479-5487.; On Sixteen (16) Mile Creek.; Tannery
      March 1900. Donor: Mrs. J.Havell. See 123, 268, 270, 1116-1130, 1132-33, 5479-5487.; ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville Garage and Cabinet Makers Shop
        1912 - no.115 Colborne Street East, North East corner with Dunn Street. Earlier located on South East corner as Lloyds Tavern, and section of White Oak Hotel. Moved in 1887.; North side Colborne, between Dunn and Dundas Streets; Brick and wood 2-storey building, garage below.; Several drivers in old model ...
      1912 - no.115 Colborne Street East, North East corner with Dunn Street. ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville Medical Hall
        Dr. J. Urquhart, Oakville Medical Hall, established 1835 - oldest established medical line in Canada. Until 1933 occupied by Urquhart family. From 'Beautiful Oakville' See 735; 182 Lakeshore East, Lakeshore/Colborne; Front of building; various
      Dr. J. Urquhart, Oakville Medical Hall, established 1835 - oldest established medical ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Hazel Chisholm Mathews with cat
        Reprint Folder 2 Oakville Museum. Original with Oakville Museum. Donor: Mrs. Frances Ahern.; Hazel Mathews-Chisholm, with cat
      Reprint Folder 2 Oakville Museum. Original with Oakville Museum. Donor: Mrs. Frances ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Martha Matilda Harper
        ...
      ...
    Oakville Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Oakville Historical Society