Bussell Family, Halton County
- Media Type
- The Bussell family was one the earliest settler families in the area. John Bussell received land from the Crown in 1836. Bussell House, located at 7420 Ninth Line, is on the north side of Ninth Line, north of Allspice Trail in the Town of Mississauga. The one-and-a-half-storey red brick residence was constructed circa 1865.
The property was designated by the Town of Milton in 1996 for its heritage value under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act (By-law 74-96). In 2010, the property became part of the City of Mississauga as a result of Halton-Peel boundary realignment. The house stayed in the family until 1908.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton