Lazy Pat Farm, 1945-2014
- Media Type
- Item Type
- In 1945, Joseph and Yvonne Piggott of the Hamilton Piggott Construction family, bought two farms, which included 3269 and 3271 Dundas Street, in the old Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. Mrs. Piggott used the working farm as a summer home, visiting every Sunday and entertaining friends and business acquaintances. The "Pat" in the farm name is that of their youngest son.
This farm sign now stands near the house up the lane but for many years it was out on "the Dundas Highway" at the end of the drive.
This photograph and record is one of several uploaded. Click on: "Groups of Records: Lazy Pat Farm, 3269 Dundas West, Oakville" to see the rest in the series.
A newspaper article and a development study are also linked for further information.
- 3269 Dundas Street West is part of Lots 33 and 34, Concession 1. It runs north from Dundas and is across from the northeast corner of Bronte Creek Provincial Park.
Prior owners of this property were Jane Barr and Hugh McLean who married in Scotland. Hugh sold the family estate in Lockerbie, St. Mungo's Parish, and they left in September 1920 to settle in the 1 1/2 storey house and farm at 3269 Dundas Street West, Palermo, Trafalgar Township. They had a dairy farm with lambs, swine and poultry. There was also a small apiary on the property. Hugh died in 1930 and the farm was sold in 1933. A link to the record of these owners is included here: click on "Jane (Jeannie) Barr". This record also has a 2014 photograph of their house.
The 1858 and 1877 Tremaine's show the owner of Lot 33 (3271 Dundas West) as Francis Wilkinson.
- Lazy Pat Farm
- Date of Original
- August 2014
- Personal Name(s)
- Joseph M. Piggott. Yvonne Piggott.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4264288607701 Longitude: -79.7908264233398
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Lazy Pat Farm, 1945-2014
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton