Palermo School House
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Newspaper photo of the new Palermo school house, S.S. #2, built in 1942 by Wendover Construction.
- There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school may have been on the same property as the ones built in 1844, 1875 & 1942 or it may have been across the road near the cemetery.
The first school was built in 1844. A new school was built in 1875.
- PALERMA SCHOOL- This is the Palermo school house. It replaced the former structure which was said to have been struck by lightning. There was a time in the old two-room school when there would be no seat for some of the pupils who would then have to sit on the teacher's platform. Today about 65 children attended this school.
- Date of Original
- ca 1950s
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Palermo School House
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton