Marriage of Samuel Leaver and Jane Lyon, 1881
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Samuel Leaver and Jane Lyon married on March 30, 1881. Samuel was working as a farmer on Dundas Street, around Munn's Corners and Jane was from the town of Oakville. Samuel was one of the 11 children of Robert and Elizabeth Leaver who had emigrated to the Munn's Corner area to join their sons, from England in 1883.
The record has a photograph of the official marriage license as well as a photograph of the page from their family bible. This bible, which can be viewed in another record, shows so much wear that we know it was very important to Samuel and Jane. It was Samuel's gift to Jane on December 31, 1885.
- The family surname, Leaver, is spelled "Laver" in one of these records.
- Date of Publication
- 30 Mar 1881
- Personal Name(s)
- Samuel Leaver ; Jane Lyon ; Sarah Lyon ; Henry Curtis, Jas (James) McAlister
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Marriage of Samuel Leaver and Jane Lyon, 1881
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton