Post Card: "A Few of the Money Makers At The Walker House Farm, Oakville & Toronto, Ont."
- Media Type
- Item Type
- According to the 1885 book, History of Toronto and County of York by Charles Pelham Mulvany, Graeme Mercer Adam and Christopher Blackett Robinson, the Walker House Hotel was on the southwest corner of Front and York Streets, Toronto, Ontario. It was built in 1873 to be very convenient for train travellers using Union Station. Named after its owner and manager, David Walker, this hotel was enlarged several times and in 1878 had 125 rooms. It was one of the upscale Toronto hotels that was nationally and internationally known. It was demolished in 1976.
This is one in a series of postcards made of the farm which supplied the Hotel kitchens. The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has posted 6 of the postcards. Click on the "Groups of Related Records" link to pull up the series.
- The back of the post card is not uploaded.
- Front of Post Card: A Few of the Money Makers At The Walker House Farm Oakville & Toronto Ont.
Back of Post Card: This Space for Correspondence Only ; This Space for Address only ; Postage Canada - 1c. U.S. - - 1c. Foreign - 2c.
- Personal Name(s)
- James Walker
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4527893051965 Longitude: -79.6556472987366
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Post Card: "A Few of the Money Makers At The Walker House Farm, Oakville & Toronto, Ont."
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton