Residence of James & Margaret Bussell
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Bussell residence was located on Lot 13 Concession 9 in Trafalgar.
Bussell House is associated with early settlement in the Trafalgar area. The Bussell family was one of the earliest settler families in the area. John Bussell received the land from the Crown in 1836. He gave the land to his son James who had the residence built in 1865. The house stayed in the family until 1908.
- The modern address of the house is 7420 Ninth Line, City of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The area was taken over by Mississauga in 1974. Heritage Mississauga provides information in its discussion of the lost village of McCurdy's Corners, linked here.
The Town of Milton designated the house for its heritage value and the Historic Places link included in this record provides more information on the house and family.
- Personal Name(s)
- James Bussell. Margaret Bussell.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.7474100920609 Longitude: -80.1411187109375
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Residence of James & Margaret Bussell
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton