Life and Death Information for William Donald Wood
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Born in Palermo, Halton County, Don and his brother James Norman Wood, called Norm, helped with the Wood family general store, telephone switchboard and post office when their father, George Stanley Wood, called Stan, died prematurely.
Active members of the community, Stan and their mother Ethel were musicians. Stan sang in area music festivals, Ethel was one of the junior choir leaders while their sons, Norman and Donald, were choir members.
There was a family farm just east of Bronte Road on Upper Middle Road.
Don served in the R.C.A.F., then studied at McMaster, Queen's, and Princeton universities. He first worked on labour relations for the Imperial Oil Company, then taught economics and lead the respected Industrial Relations Centre for over 25 years at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario.
The two documents in this record describe more of Don's personality, life, family and work.
- Personal Name(s)
- William Donald Wood, b. April 5, 1920 d. June 21, 2003. G. Stanley Wood, August 24, 1892-December 22, 1945. Fannie Ethel (called Ethel) (Popplewell) Wood, September 14, 1898-October 12, 1987. Parents of Stanley Wood: William Wood, August 6, 1849-August 14, 1940 and Maria Ann (Bumby) Wood, October 20, 1850-February 27, 1944.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Life and Death Information for William Donald Wood
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton