2005 Aerial Photograph, Looking From Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street, North Up To The Oakville Water Tower
- Media Type
- Item Type
- An aerial photograph taken in 2005, showing the area of the old village of Post's Corners or Postville at the intersection of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. The "Longo's plaza" is on the south east corner with the Bank of Montreal building immediately on the corner where the municipal building, Trafalgar Hall, once stood.
The woodlot on the northeast corner is just across Dundas from the entrance into the "Longo's plaza".
The gas station is on the northwest corner, and the land where once the home, hotel and store built by settling pioneer family, the Posts, on the southwest corner is natural once more.
The photograph resolution is so good you can "zoom" in and see the old barns northwest and northeast of the intersection.
The aerial view shows right up Trafalgar Road to the north, with the Town of Oakville water tower on the left and more.
- These high-resolution photographs are only a few of close to 200 that were taken by BP Imaging for the Town of Oakville in 2005. Town of Oakville Heritage Planning has shared these as well as another group of over 100 aerial photographs taken in 2002 with the Trafalgar Township Historical Society.
Several other records have been made with a few of the other photographs to this TTHS internet collection but not all have been put on the internet as there are too many. The other selected photographs from the collection are linked together under the "Oakville (including Bronte and the former Trafalgar Township) Aerial Photographs" Groups of Related Records.
All the aerial photographs may be viewed at the TTHS archives where they are digitally stored.
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2005 Aerial Photograph, Looking From Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street, North Up To The Oakville Water Tower
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton