The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This transcript of land assessment rolls from microfilmed original records shows the names of the people who owned and/or occupied land in Trafalgar Township in 1816 and also in 1823. The 1816 information shows each name with the acres of land cultivated and/or uncultivated. It does not show the Concession and Lot number for each 1816 person but to assist in placing people, this information is shown as it was in 1823.
Also identified by an asterisk are the 47 men who appear to have served in the 2nd Regiment of York Militia in the War of 1812.
1806 saw the beginning of European settlers in Trafalgar Township.
This assessment transcript was prepared by Fred Blair with the assistance of Jane Watt for the Trafalgar Township Historical Society in 2012. The transcription was made from the Oakville Public Library microfilm.
Fred has also prepared assessments for 1823 and 1825. The records can all be retrieved by clicking on the "Group" link, "Trafalgar Township Assessment Roll Transcripts".
The image in the main record is an excerpt from the assessment transcript only, to show you the type of information included. You can view and read the entire 3 pages by either clicking on the "Original PDF" link or by "Select" "Pages" which opens each page individually.
- For your further information, a link to the blog of Fred Blair is included in this record. It's called "War of 1812 Canadian Stories". Fred describes the content as: "Insightful short stories about life in Upper Canada during the War of 1812, how to find primary and secondary source information about the war, indices to primary document collections, and Upper Canada Militia transcripts. Copyright by Fred Blair, 2015-2016. Enquiries welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright by Fred Blair, 2015-2016.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Enquiries welcome at email@example.com
- Recommended Citation
- The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton