Aerial Photographs of 1510 Bronte Street South, Milton Farm
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 3 aerial photographs of the southeast half of Lot 6 1st Concession New Survey Trafalgar Township (100 acres), also known as 1510 Bronte Street South, Milton (at Milton's First Line and Britannia Rds). The first photograph is hand tinted, the third is the original black and white photo of the same shot. The second photograph is a slightly different view.
These photographs were taken when the farm was the dairy operation of the family of Denzil and Marion Lawrence, from 1944 to 1967. The Lawrences owned the house and about 7 acres after that until about 1996.
Nelson Daniel Lawrence and Mary Margaret Maude Lawrence bought the 100 acre farm in 1941 from Barbara Jane Stuart. In 1944, the property "Lawrendale" was given to their son, Denzil Featherstone Lawrence at his marriage to Marion Miller. So many of the family farmed along Highway 25 south of Milton (now Bronte Road) the area was informally known as "The Lawrence Road".
Children of Marion Emily (Miller) and Denzil Featherstone Lawrence are Marion Elizabeth Jean Gannon (called Betty), b.1945 d.2015 ; Bryon Denzil b.1947 ; Nelson Daniel II, b.1951 d.2009 ; Cheryl Fern (called Fern) (Lawrence) Bruce, b.1952.
- The original land patent was granted to Robert Loring in July 1825. Andrew Suiter bought the south half of Lot 6, Concession 1 NS from Henry Freeland in May 1829. Suiter married Hannah Green and they farmed the east half of Lot 6, Concession 1 N. Andrew died on August 19, 1863.
The estate of Robert Suiter sold the farm to English immigrant Arthur George Heaven in 1883. The house was/is 10-rooms, 1 1/2 storey, stone.
Land records indicate Arthur G. Heaven sold the farm to his son Herbert Heaven in 1895.
- Personal Name(s)
- Daniel H. Lawrence, b.1855 d.1929 ; Wife Martha A. Copeland, b.1860 d.1942 ; Daughter Margaret Irene Lawrence b.1901 d.1968. Nelson Daniel Lawrence, b.1892 d.1951 ; Wife Maud Featherstone, b.1899 married 1919. Maude Elizabeth (Pickard) and John Daniel Lester (called Lester) Miller married in 1921 and were parents of Marion Miller. Marion's brothers were Stewart and Norman. Marion Emily (Miller) Lawrence, b.1922 d.2008 Marion Emily (Miller) Lawrence married Denzil Lawrence in 1944. Denzil Featherstone Lawrence, b.1920 d.1999. Children of Marion Emily (Miller) and Denzil Featherstone Lawrence are Marion Elizabeth Jean Gannon (called Betty), b.1945 d.2015 ; Bryon Denzil b.1947 ; Nelson Daniel II, b.1951 d.2009 ; Cheryl Fern (called Fern) (Lawrence) Bruce, b.1952.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.83293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Aerial Photographs of 1510 Bronte Street South, Milton Farm
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton