2018 Dundas Street East, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Click on "Select Pages" above to view the house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card.
In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find the photographs taken in the Trafalgar Township and Town of Oakville areas. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- 2018 Dundas Street East is on the southeast corner of Dundas Street East and Ninth Line, in 2019 (and for many years prior) the site of Agram Garden Centre.
According to the information on the Parks Canada card, the owner was Mr. B. Bagdonas. The building was built about 1860.
A link to photographs taken in the 1970s and 1991 of the house is in this record for your further information.
- Coding on the index card back: 06177001802018.
The front of the index card shows all the photographs taken and the codiis: 06177001801018. The province code is 06, the negative code is 0ZY19
- Date Of Event
- December 29, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.507817450047 Longitude: -79.6953773120117
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2018 Dundas Street East, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton