Howard Gowland's Barn, 1942, After Weekend of Cyclonic Storms
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Over the weekend of July 17, 1942, torrential rains and immense winds damaged property around Milton, Georgetown, Bronte and Oakville. The barn of Howard Gowland was damaged as shown in this family photograph. A link to a newspaper article about the weather damage in the Halton Newspapers internet collection has been added for your further information.
Howard and his wife, Jackie, raised champion dairy cattle on their farm at 5133 Tremaine Road, Milton, Ontario. After winning many awards at the Milton and Toronto Agricultural Fairs, perhaps receiving the Master Breeder Shield in 1979 at the Holstein Association's annual meeting was the high point. A link to this newspaper article in Halton Newspapers has been added for your further information.
- Howard Gowlands barn July 17, 1942
- Date Of Event
- July 17, 1942
- Personal Name(s)
- George Howard Gowland, 1918-2001, buried in Evergreen Cemetery, Milton, Ontario. Married Jacqueline (called Jackie) M. Fleetham in 1942.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4514204627287 Longitude: -79.8332011160278
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Howard Gowland's Barn, 1942, After Weekend of Cyclonic Storms
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton