145 William Street, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- At time of photographing, it was noted on the blue index card that the building owner was Mr. Morehouse. It had been built in 1833. The original builder and owner was Wm. J. Sumner (William Johnson Sumner), an innkeeper from 1833-1855. The original owner information is on a plaque by the front door.
The building is Designated by the Town of Oakville under Part V of the Ontario Heritage Act.
- Click on "Select Pages" above to view the building photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card.
In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find the photographs taken in the Trafalgar Township and Town of Oakville areas. The collection will grow as we prepare the images.
The TTHS has also shared the images with the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record shows the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the blue card front with the contact sheet images of the photographs: 06177005200145. 0600ZDD3. Roll 3 Team 2.
Coding on the back of the card: 06177005200145.
- Date Of Event
- March 1, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 145 William Street, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton