Margaret Maxted, Treasurer of Halton County. Born 1903. Died 1986
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Coloured photograph of Miss Maxted and her father sitting in front of fireplace. Miss Maxted wearing black dress, man wearing suit with white buttonhole. Windows and mantlepiece in background. Good condition
- Margaret Maxted was born in 1903 and died in 1986. She was the daughter of John Maxted who was a brick layer and building contractor. Their house, on Thomas Street, was built by John Maxted. Margaret Maxted was the first female treasurer of a county in Ontario. She served in that position from 1937 to 1973. She was also, for many years, the Superintendent of the Gace Anglican Church Sunday School. For more information on Miss Maxted, please consult "Milton Area Biographies, Volume 2".
- Miss Maxted. Treas. of Halton County. First Lady Treasurer of a County in Ont. and the only one.
- Date of Original
- 11 x 7 1/2 cm.
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.51681 Longitude: -79.88294
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright © Milton Historical Society. All rights reserved.
- Milton Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
16 James St.,